This workshop will help you:
Take the stress, complexity, and hassle out of K–12 safety, security, and emergency preparedness in your schools.
Quickly identify and mitigate safety and security risks in school buildings.
Develop the capabilities of staff at all levels to prevent and respond effectively to virtually any emergency.
Avoid common wasteful investments in technology that do little to improve overall safety and security in schools.
Many Schools Wait Until an Event to Act
In the wake of a tragedy somewhere in a school setting, it is normal for school administrators to feel vulnerable. As a result, they frequently contract for safety and security assessments of their schools. They may be left with a long punch list of expensive, boilerplate, time-consuming improvement opportunities and limited guidance for effective management of a safety, security, and emergency preparedness program.
This workshop will provide attendees with an actionable blueprint for managing an effective and sustainable district-wide safety, security, and emergency management program without unreasonable investments of time or money. Program attendees will have the ability to return to their schools and make dramatic no and low-cost changes virtually overnight.
Altaris has been very helpful in taking our safety and security planning to a new level. I have been impressed with their level of knowledge regarding safety and security. They work well with all stakeholder groups. They are accessible 24-7 and understand the realities of how schools function.Dr. Brendan Lyons
Here’s just some of what we’ll cover:
- Six simple protocols to manage virtually any emergency
- Critical lessons learned from historic K–12 events, including Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Columbine, and more
- How to conduct effective site assessments to identify and eliminate hazards and vulnerabilities to ensure a safer environment for students and staff district-wide
- Whether you are providing each type of staff with the appropriate quantity and role-specific emergency preparedness training
- Valuable information to help develop and refine actionable emergency plans and procedures, establishing district-wide “buy-in”
- The secrets to stress-free incident communications with family members and media outlets
- State and Federal: Do your district plans and procedures reflect current best practices and requirements?
Altaris has been a great organization to work with on enhancing the safety and security of our schools. They have helped us develop a systematic approach to addressing safety concerns.Dr. Dominick Palma
Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible for any aspect of safety, security, and emergency preparedness in your schools can benefit greatly from this one-day certification program, including:
Principals & Assistants
School Resource Officers
What you will learn to manage:
Intruders, suspicious persons, and student disturbances
Bomb threats and suspicious packages.
Biological or chemical hazardous materials
Weapons and active shooters.
Missing and abducted children.
Severe weather and earthquakes.
Utility or building infrastructure failures.
Death, injury, illness, or mental health conditions.
And many more!
Should You Attend?
These questions will help you decide:
Do you feel confident that staff possess the knowledge and confidence to effectively manage virtually any emergency?
Do you feel comfortable that the school district has made the right safety and security investments in equipment, technology, and staff development?
Are your plans and procedures simple and actionable, and do they reflect current best practices and regulations?
Do staff, students, and parents feel confident that administration is taking every prudent step in ensuring the safety and security of building occupants?
Are you confident each school is safe and secure and free of critical hazards, loopholes, and vulnerabilities?
Do you feel confident staff, students and parents are capable of identifying a potential threat before a critical incident occurs?
If you answered “NO” to even one of the above questions,
you can’t afford to miss this one-day program.
Altaris has been great to work with. They have helped up us to identify numerous improvement opportunities and continually work with our staff to strengthen their ability to prevent and manage emergencies.Dr. Jonathan Ross
Check-in at 8:30 AM – Program begins promptly at start time
- Six essential steps for successful lockdowns
- The safe effective way to communicate with buildings in a lockdown.
- Understanding special lockdown situations, including fire alarms, bathrooms, medical emergencies, recess, lunch periods, and many more
- The only way to quickly release from a lockdown safely
- The critical lockdown lessons learned from Sandy Hook, VA Tech, and Columbine
- The one system that can truly save lives in an imminent threat situation
- Why most school lockouts simply fail
- How to effectively manage visitors and contractors
- When lockouts turn into lockdowns
- When not to evacuate outside
- Why some evacuation routes and assembly areas are simply not safe
- A super effective evacuation resource that costs less than $1
- 3 essential planning steps to ensure the safe evacuations of special needs persons
- Why gymnasiums can be a serious safety risk for staff and students
- What essential, low-cost shelter-in-place resources most rooms simply don’t have
- The proven way to prevent serious injuries during severe weather events
Check-in at 8:30 AM – Program begins promptly at start time
- The free tools that are quickly replacing the three-ring binder emergency plans
- How to leverage the power of the cloud in an emergency, including:
- Eliminating the need to scramble for an emergency binder
- Simple decision making processes
- Saving valuable time when seconds count – quick decisions
- Goes wherever you do – on-site, command posts and more
Technology & Equipment
- The most common waste of technology spending in most schools
- The most effective way to leverage technology for access control, visitor management, and emergency planning
- High-tech, portable radios for under $30?
- The essential ingredients for a resourceful building and district “Go Kit”
- Simple ways to manage emergency responders’ access to your buildings
- The essential plans and equipment needed when buses are not an option
- Critical lessons learned from Sandy Hook and Columbine
- The critical mistake that can lead to a public relations disaster
- Exactly what to say and when to say it
- Essential pre-planning steps to ensure smooth communication with media and parents in an emergency
- Managing safety & security before and after school
- Master the use of the Incident Command System (ICS) in six simple steps
- Use free applications such as Evernote and Google Drive to manage emergencies in the cloud
We have had a great experience working with Altaris. Having a facility in New York City only a short distance from the United Nations is a huge concern. Altaris has helped us navigate the complex area of safety, security and emergency preparedness and quickly put us on the road to a safer school.Mr. Thomas Mitchell
Coffee Service Delicious Catered Lunch Product Vendors Resources
Attend a Certification Program Near You
Register now to ensure seating and early bird discounts at a certification program location near you.
Click the link below or call us at 866-960-8739.
Purchase Orders Gladly Accepted
6 Reasons to Register Today
Unmatched Course Content and Quality
While a wealth of free, useful information exists around the Internet, no other course curriculum provides a detailed blueprint for K–12 schools with actionable steps and an easy-to-understand all hazards approach to safety, security, and emergency preparedness.
Time and Convenience Factors
We know the enormous challenge of scheduling educators for training during the school year. Our on-site training programs ensure you can attend at your convenience by bringing the seminar to you. No filler material, long introductions, or wasted time—just an intensive day of invaluable information and practical techniques.
Realistic Scenarios Built Around Your Schools
When it comes to safety, security, and emergency preparedness, every school is unique, and boilerplate solutions simply don’t work. That’s why each of our classes includes customized scenarios built around your actual school buildings and community for an exceptional learning experience.
The Value of Excellent Reference Materials
At no extra charge, you’ll receive a comprehensive workbook filled with dozens of forms, templates, guides, and checklists to kick start emergency management in your schools.
Training as Enjoyable as It Is Educational
If class participants are not engaged, the learning process suffers. Each class is designed to draw participants into realistic scenarios to see the immediate results of their actions or inactions. Participants become so involved in the scenarios, they often wonder where the day went!
Return on Investment
For less than the cost of sending your administrative team to a regional, generic, travel to seminar, you can enjoy a customized program in the comfort of your buildings for a fraction of the cost, time, and hassle.
All of our workshops are 100% satisfaction guaranteed! We are so sure our workshop will provide you with the necessary skills you need to manage your district’s entire safety security and emergency management program, we back each and every seminar with a money back guarantee! If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our course, simply contact us with the reason why, and if we can’t make it right, we will refund your money—hassle free.
Enjoy confidence and safer schools immediately.
CLICK HERE to register now for an upcoming event in your area.
Our experience working with Altaris has been very positive. CEO John LaPlaca and his staff are very knowledgeable and have a very high level of expertise in K-12 safety and security. We most like the immediate response we receive whenever a question or concern arises.Dr. Edward Fuhrman
Arlington Central School District
Katonah-Lewisboro Central School District
Peekskill City School District
Merrick Union Free Central School District
Pelham Union Free Central School District
Bedford Central School District
Croton-Harmon School District
Lyceum Kennedy International School
West Babylon Union Free School District
Blind Brook School District
Bring the Workshop to your School!
Get the Results You’re Looking For
Bring our powerful, high-impact training programs to your school and show your employees you’re serious about their safety and security.
Maximize Your Training Budget
On-site Training allows you to provide role-specific training to workgroups or entire emergency response teams for less than the cost of traditional regional seminars or other training options.
Tailor the Training to Your School
We’ll help customize the training to reflect your unique schools and community. Training can be delivered at times and dates that fit your schedules.
On-site Training Programs Include These Added Bonuses
We will coordinate with your team to collect the necessary data and plans to ensure your workshop is highly customized and a big success.
Up to 25 Participants
Your workshop registration includes up to 25 class participants. Additional participants may be added to your workshop for a nominal fee.
Private Client Website
Each workshop registrant is provided a private client website containing instructional videos, as well as electronic versions of forms and templates.
Each participant receives an emergency management workbook that contains forms, templates worksheets and much more.
6 Months of Support
Questions about plans or procedures? Need advice or facility changes? Enjoy 6 Months of unlimited support with your workshop registration.
Monthly Faculty Training
Your workshop includes access to our exclusive monthly faculty training series. A series of short tabletop scenarios that can be used at monthly faculty meetings.
Receive an On-site Training Price Quote
For more information or to schedule your workshop, simply click the button below
or call us at 866-960-8739.
1, 2 and 3-day Customized Programs Available
Other popular role-specific training programs also available